1) You read about an entrepreneur: What surprised me most about Gabrielle (Coco) Chanel was that throughout her whole life, she spent a lot of time trying to hide her past and upbringing. I most admired her ambition and ability to create something that she wanted for herself. At one point in the story, her guarantor told her that her business wasn't exactly making profit and that became the turning point at which she really put herself into her work so that it would be successful. It's hard to say because I really admire Gabrielle's personality as a whole, but there were instances in which she wasn't quite on the same page as her employees. For example, if they made a dress and she didn't quite like it, her employees would vent about how she didn't know as much about dress-making technique which was frustrating for them with some of her designs. The biggest adversity in Gabrielle's life was her childhood. She virtually grew up as an orphan ...
Hey Olivia,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading about your reading reflection post. Although I did not ever have the chance to read up on Berry Gordy, he seems like a fascinating individual with multifaceted interests. That seems to be a common characteristic between successful entrepreneurs. I also really like your second question. Detroit is a rough town, that's where my mom grew up. I think it would also be interesting to see how people would turn out if they were from a different area. Awesome job!
Hi Olivia,
ReplyDeleteI think you did a good job with your third reading reflection assignment. Although I have never read anything about Berry Gordy, I enjoyed learning a little bit about him through your assignment. He sounds like a very interesting individual who experienced great success throughout his lifetime. I think it is so cool that he went from boxing to music as those are such different things in nature, and it must have taken a lot of courage to switch fields in such a drastic way, which shows a lot about his character. Great post!